Hey, guys! Its us, your favorite podcasters, and we’ve got some new stuff for you this week!
Last week we talked about the new iPhone X; we talked about the good, the bad, and the creepy with the new facial recognition feature Apple has introduced. We talked about it’s ethical impact on advertising, society, and on us.
This week we’re dumping the i-thingy for a new, questionably ethical breakthrough in Facebook. Ad targeting has been taken to a new level; are there holes in Facebook’s rulebook? Who determines what is considered offensive and discriminatory, and should corporations be making those calls?
Stay tuned to hear what we’ve got to say, and to hear what we’re all obsessed with this week.
Some Resources from this week’s discussion:
- Facebook Vows to Manually Review Ad Targeting After “Jew-Haters” Scandal
- Facebook to Turn Over Russian-Linked Ads to Congress
This Week’s Obsessions:
- Jessie is obsessed with the Tasty app. Finally, she’s able to make all of the recipes she’s always wanted to, and now has a new outlet for relaxation in the office.
- Jeff is obsessed with his new sous vide machine. He now dedicates his Sundays to making egg white bites for the week, which in his own words, are “really freaking good.” He’s also obsessed with Canva, which he calls “graphic design for dummies.”
- Caroline had a big week, and while she doesn’t have an obsession to share, she had some exciting news to offer. Earlier this week she appeared as a guest speaker on The Nice Guys On Business podcast, discussing equipment and other necessities needed for starting your own podcast.