TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Website Hosting / Domain names
- Website Development
- SEO/SEM/Keyword Research
- Internal Collaboration
- Social Listening
- Email Marketing & Email Marketing Automation
- Images & Graphics
- Webinars, Screen Sharing, & Video Conferencing
- Social Media Management
- Collaborative Economy
This is a curated list of tools that we think are awesome! Our favorites are in bold.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. That means we make money if you decide to make a purchase from one of these links. However, we want to be clear, we ONLY make recommendations for products and services that we have experience with and/or know are valuable.
We will continually update this list as we find new stuff. Use the links and resources below to find the appropriate tool to get the job done.
WEBSITE HOSTING / DOMAIN NAMES
- WPEngine: The best hosting for WordPress…PERIOD! (Prepay for a year, get 2 months FREE.)
- Name.com: Our favorite domain registrar. Also offers inexpensive hosting.
- Bluehost: A cost-effective hosting solution. ($6.95/month, unlimited hosting, unlimited websites.)
- HostGator: Another cost-effective hosting solution. (Unlimited Domain Hosting Only $9.95 a Month.)
- GoDaddy.com: GoDaddy is the World’s No.1 Domain Registrar. Get a domain name here. (…but there are better hosting services)
- Domainr: Find a good domain name or short URL
- WordPress.org: Download WordPress for free, install it on your own server. Bam! Up and running with your own site in no time!
- Studiopress: Premium WordPress Themes built on the Genesis Framework.
- Weebly: An easy DIY website platform.
- DIYThemes: Home of the Thesis WordPress Framework
- ElegantThemes: A collection of pretty WordPress themes
- Themeforest: Choose from hundreds of professional website themes.
- Shopify: Build a gorgeous eCommerce site that is fast and easy to use.
- LeadForensics: A kick ass tool that shows you all of the companies that visited your site, so you can convert more leads
- Google Analytics: Still our favorite tool for measurement.
- ClickTale: Analyze and optimize website performance and usability with ClickTale.com
- Knowem: Check your username availability across over 350 different social media sites. (Great for brand protection and squatting on your username)
- RavenTools Keyword Research Tool: Research keywords and manage your SEO marketing campaign
- PRWeb: Reach 30,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers with your story! (Try it for free.)
- Soovle: Another Keyword research tool
- UberSuggest: Yet another keyword research tool
- Master Keyword Research by Nick Eubanks
- Slack: This is BY FAR the BEST internal collaboration/communication tool we’ve used.
- Socialcast (Free up to 50 users, one of our favorites)
- Salesforce Chatter
- Brandwatch (Integrates with Hootsuite)
- UberVu (Also integrates with Hootsuite)
- Social Mention (Free)
- Hashtracking: Hashtag Monitoring
Email Marketing and Marketing Automation
- Mailchimp: It’s what we use. We like it because it’s easy-to-use, has automation, and is generally awesome.
- AWeber: One of the preferred email marketing tools of the web’s top bloggers.
- Constant Contact: A good fit for most small businesses. Great support and resources. (Get 60 days free on Constant Contact.)
- Vertical Response: Create email newsletters with ease! 700+ Templates. (Try Vertical Response for free.)
- iContact: Another option for Email Marketing.
- List Building for Bloggers: Start building your email list with this handy guide.
Images / Graphics
- Unsplash: 10 new and FREE photos, everyday
- KaboomPics: Free images
- Canva: Easy online graphics creator
Webinars / Video Conferencing
- WebinarJam: Hands down the best, and most comprehensive webinar product on the market!
- Join.me: Great screensharing, webinar, and conference calling software.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Hootsuite: Manage all of your social media in one place. (Our preferred tool.)
- Buffer: Easy publishing and content scheduling.
- SproutSocial: Manage Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. Good built-in analytics too.
- Everypost: Social Media Management tool that publishes to a huge number of sites.
- Edgar: Smart, Invite-Only, Social Media Management.
- Sprinklr: Enterprise Level Social Media Tools
- Spredfast: An Enterprise level suite of social media tools from listening to management, and more…
- Offerpop: Run contest easily.
- RavenTools Social: Keep track of your Facebook Fan pages and Twitter.
- Contactually: The CRM we use internally. It’s amazing. We even wrote an article about it.
- Nimble: A CRM built for Social Selling
- Insightly: Inexpensive CRM for salespeople. We like Contactually better, but this isn’t bad.
“The Collaborative Economy”
- 99 Designs
- The Logo Company
- Fiverr: Get anything for $5
- Uber: Transportation and Logistics. Become a part time driver.
SOME OF OUR OTHER FAVORITE BUSINESS TOOLS
- Shoeboxed: Go Paperless. Send business cards and receipts.
- Harvest: Track Time, Send Estimates, Create Invoices.
- Freshbooks: Simplified Time-Tracking and Invoicing
- Asana: Manage your Projects and Tasks. It can even be used as a lightweight CRM.
- IFTTT – Put the internet to work for you
- Zapier – Automate the web