Table of Contents
- What is Social Business?
- About Social Media and Content Marketing
- About Social Selling and Social Sales
- About Social Media for Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
- About Social Customer Service
- Other Resources
What is Social Business?
Since you’re on this site, it’s important to us that you are able to distinguish how Social Business differs from Social Media.
Let’s keep things simple.
Our Simplest Definition of Social Media
A collection of technologies that allow anyone to post, comment, and/or share content online with a network of other people that have the same capability.
Our Simplest Definition of Social Business
The well thought out use and integration of social media technologies and social media principles inside of an organization to drive business value.
Social Media are just tools. Social Business goes beyond the tool itself and looks deeper to understand how the tools deliver value for businesses.
Social Media & Content Marketing
The web is all about content now. All companies are now competing to be heard, but it’s not just a competition with similar companies, it’s competition on who has the best content.
Great content is discovered both through the serendipity brought on by social sharing, and through careful keyword and key phrase selection to draw in visitors via search engines. The web is a noisy place and the more effectively a brand can generate relevant and interesting content, the more likely it is to attract the appropriate audience and benefit from the reach earned through social sharing.
We’ve collected resources show you how social media and content marketing intertwine.
- CoreDNA: The Frugal Guide to Content Marketing (Part 1): How To Find Proven Content Ideas
- CoreDNA: The Frugal Guide to Content Marketing (Part 2): How To ‘Frame’ Your Content For Maximum Traffic
- CoreDNA: The Frugal Guide to Content Marketing (Part 3): How To Promote Your Content With ZERO Budget
- I wanna be a blogger: How to write your first blog post
- Social Triggers: Creating viral content? The secret is to get contagious
- Neil Patel: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Epic Content That Will Go Viral
- Viralsweep: Advanced Guide to Sweepstakes
- HootSuite: What is Content Marketing?
- Kapost: Cold, Hard Content Marketing Statistics
- Jay Baer: Convince and Convert: 11 Big Myths About Social Media & Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Institution: How to Build Social Media Into Your Content Marketing Processes
- Entrepreneur.com: 10 Laws of Social Media Marketing
- Venngage.com: Content Marketing Benchmarks: Is Your Content A+ Material?
Sales is one of the oldest professions. While much of sales remains the same, Social Media has definitely had an impact on the way we communicate with our sales prospects, as well as giving us new tools to track sales activity and improve the close rate with data-driven decisions.
If you need to know about social selling, then you need to look at the resources we’ve collected here:
- True Voice Media Conversations: Julio Viskovich – A Pioneer to the New World of Social Sales (Podcast)
- Forbes.com: Meet The Top 30 Social Salespeople In The World
- Michael Brenner: Sales + Content = Your Personal Brand (Slides)
- All About Leverage: Social Sales Training + Networking
- Social Sales Link: Social Sales Training
- Hubspot (Infographic): What a Linkedin Profile optimized for Social Selling looks like
Social Media for Recruitment & Talent Acquisition
From how a candidate chooses to present themselves online, to the way a candidate networks his or her way into an interview, to the story that a company tells about its culture, Social Media has changed the HR Department indefinitely.
For companies trying to figure out what that means, and how to take advantage of it, we’ve collected and created some resources to help.
- From our blog: Why you need to pay attention to Social Recruiting
- Inc.com: How to use Social Media as a Recruiting Tool
- Time.com: How Recruiters Use Social Networks to Make Hiring Decisions Now
- Forbes.com: 2014: The Year Social HR Matters
- SocialRecruiters.com: What’s Social Recruiting? 25 Experts Weigh In
- JobVite.com: 2013 Social Recruiting Survey Results
Social Media Customer Service
Customer Service isn’t just a desk and a phone anymore. Who wants to sit on the phone all day when we can vent to everyone on the internet!?
It is proven that 71% of consumers who experience a quick and effective brand response on social media are likely to recommend that brand to others (NM Incite). Small and large companies are taking advantage of Social Media to not only listen to customer feedback, but to also give quality feedback that inevitably builds brand ambassadors.
We’ve gathered excellent resources for you to see how you can use Social Media as an efficient customer service tool for your business.
- Jay Baer: 42% of Consumers Complaining on Social Media Expect 60 Minute Response Time
- The Next Web: Five Strategies Behind Awesome Social Media Customer Service
- Wharton School of Business: The Ignored Side of Social Media: Customer Service
- Huffington Post: The Complete Guide to Using Social Media for Customer Service
- SocialMediaToday: How Social Customer Service Can Prevent Disasters Like Comcast’s.
- The Ultimate List of Marketing and Business Resources & Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Blogs, Podcasts, and Books
- Recommended Pieces of Content
- The Social Media Marketing Glossary
- The Five Components of Social Media
- Social Technographics
- Understanding Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Define your Target Audience (MadLibs)
- Social Media for Small Businesses
- Social Media Engagement
- Social Media Lead Generation
- B2B Social Media