It’s been a little while since we’ve updated this blog and a company update may be just the way to explain why that is the case.
2012 has been a very good year so far.
- Our revenue has eclipsed the total revenue figures from all of last year, and we’ve still got July-December to go!
- We have taken on some extraordinary new clients.
- We have partnered with amazing companies to deliver a more robust service offering.
- We are on the verge of becoming a Joint Venture partner in the Empire Builders Group (paperwork being finalized)
- We brought on our first team members (Jon Steiert, Susan Tabor Kleiman and Joe Altshuler)
- We have successfully launched our new website design (95% complete)
- We have launched our Monthly Social Business Newsletter and consistently beat our industry average for opens and clickthroughs. Subscribe here.
- We are on pace to shatter our goals for public speaking appearances this year.
Recently, we’ve had the good fortune of being able to take on some new extraordinary people and brands as clients. From Michael Angelina, a Philadelphia real estate agent with tremendous knowledge of Philadelphia neighborhoods and a fresh take on how to sell Real Estate, to a soon-to-be released web-based Survey tool that could potentially beat the pants off of the competition, to a NYC author on the verge of releasing a book that will change people’s lives, we are helping people and brands make BIG things happen.
Aside from the ongoing work, we’ve taken some smaller projects here-and-there. The projects may be smaller by comparison, but the impact is equally as large. Take Fare Restaurant for example. Fare is an exceptional restaurant in Fairmount delivering healthy, well-crafted cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere. They were in need of a new website and a direction for their social media activity. So, we rebuilt their site on the WordPress platform, created a content strategy for their blog and ensured consistent branding across all social media sites.
We have been working with Julian Krinsky Camps & Programs (JKCP) for one year now and their Social Media is rockin’. From Facebook Groups of key stakeholders, to a robust set of Social Media sites, JKCP has built a strong and engaged social following that will surely pay dividends for years to come.
Making Business Social
What do all of these clients have in common? They all wanted to listen to their customers, have more effective mechanisms to market their businesses and reach their stakeholders with laser precision.
We want to thank each and every one of our advocates for everything you’ve done to help this company grow. We’re taking this journey one step at a time but our goal is to be the agency in Philadelphia that changes the culture of business for the better. When business becomes social everybody wins: brands get valuable feedback and reduce marketing expenses by activating their passionate brand advocates, customers win because companies listen to them, respect them and make changes on the fly to meet their needs.
The new era of business is undoubtedly more open, honest and transparent. We are proud to be an essential part of that movement.